School Vehicles are available for bringing students to the school and taking them back home. Parents can drop and collect their ward only from the specific bus stoppage(s).One calendar months’ notice, in writing ,from the 1st day of the month or one month’s fee in lieu thereof is required for the withdrawal of school transport facility.
1. The bus routes may differ for junior school and high school and the exact bus pick-up & drop point shall be determined and informed only after the beginning of the academic session.
2. Students should stay away from the main road until the bus arrives.
3. A student using the school bus is expected to be at the bus stop at least ten minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus. The student has to be on the correct side of the arriving bus. The scheduled pick-up time is available with the Transport-In-charge at the school. The school reserves the right to alter the timings, routes and stoppages as and when necessary.
4. The bus will not wait for latecomers.
5. If a student misses his allotted bus he should not try to board any other bus. It is the responsibility of the parents to drop off their wards to the school. However the students will return by the allotted bus. 6. No student should come near the entry door of the bus until it comes to a complete halt. The front door of the bus is the only authorised entrance and exit.
7. Boarding and alighting from buses should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
8. Parents are requested not to board the school buses to see off and receive their ward.
9. All students must occupy vacant seats immediately after boarding their respective buses. Reservation of seats for co-commuters is not allowed under any circumstances.
10. No student should travel standing on the footboard.
11. Students must not move around in the bus when it is in motion.
12. Students must not put any part of their body outside the bus. They should not put their hands out even for waving.
13. The students must make sure that the aisle of the bus is clear, school bags and other belongings are placed properly.
14. Consumption of edibles is not permitted in the buses.
15. No object should be discarded inside or thrown outside the bus. Students may use the waste bin in the bus.
16. Unruly behaviour like shrieking, shouting and playing foul is strictly prohibited. Courteous behaviour is expected at all times. The driver's attention must not be distracted for any reason.
17. Under no circumstances, should students touch the instrument panel of the buses.
18. It is strictly prohibited for any child to spoil/damage/tear the bus seats or handles. Students found doing this will be taken to task immediately.
19. Parents should not try to overtake and stop the School bus to facilitate the boarding of their wards as this endangers the safety of the bus and its occupants. This act would lead to strict disciplinary action.
20. Parents should not argue with the teachers present in the bus or the conductor/driver. If there is any problem, a written complaint to the Administrative office should be given.
21. Under no circumstances students are allowed to go behind or under the parked buses within the school campus. Students are also not allowed to sit in the parked buses during school hours.
22. If any parent whose child is availing school transport service wishes to take their ward privately in his/her own transport, he/she has to collect the Permission Slip from the school authorities half an hour before the end of the last class.
23. Students are allowed to use only the allotted bus and bus stop. No change can be allowed without prior written permission of the school.
24. The school will not be held responsible for any lapses in the bus services. In case of any discrepancies, parents may meet the Transport-in-charge.
25. The drivers are 'authorised to stop buses at the designated stops only. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is always subject to change.
26. In case of any change, of a temporary or permanent nature, in transport pick-up/drop point or transport route, the permission for the same has to be sought by making an application to the Transport department at the school office. In case of permanent change of transport route, the application must be filed along with proff at the School Office.
27. Parents (or whoever is authorised by the parents) have to produce the Escort Card at the bus stop to receive their ward from the respective bus drop points failing which the student will be brought back to the school and will be handed over only on production of Escort Card.
28. The school is not responsible after the students have disembarked from the buses at the respective bus stops.
29. For students of LKG, UKG, class I, class II and class III, it is advisable that parents/guardians come to pick-up the student after they have disembarked while drop off.
30. The Monthly Transport service charges for the schedule route/routes will be as per notification.
31. Fees will be charged for all 12 months. A parent, who withdraws the transport facility before the vacations and rejoins after the vacations, may not be given the transport service facility. The amount is payable along with the school fees on a Monthly basis.
DISCIPLINARY NORMS IN THE SCHOOL BUS
1. All students using the school bus are expected to be on the left side of the school bus at their designated bus stops at least ten minutes before the arrival time of the bus. The buses will not wait for the latecomers. During the dropping time due to safety concerns, students will not be dropped unescorted, instead, he/ she would be taken back to school and the parent would have to pick the student from the school.
2. The availability of school transport to the learners is subject to adherence to disciplinary norms. Any misbehavior that distracts the driver is a serious violation and could harm someone. Therefore, learners are required:
a. to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
b. to obey the instructions of the Bus Driver/ ln-charge.
c. not to throw objects in or out of the bus.
d. not to use indecent language in the bus with fellow pupils or the bus staff.
e. not to damage the seats, curtains, etc. in the bus.
f. not to fight or threaten other students in the bus.
g. to abstain from any unruly behavior in the bus.
If any student is reported for any of the above violations, the school will take the following actions:
FIRST OFFENCE:- Warning and report to the parents.
SECOND OFFENCE:- Call the parents and suspend the learner's traveling on the bus for one week.
THIRD OFFENCE:- School Bus facility shall be withdrawn with a fine.